Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's for Dinner?

We just walked in the door from a week long trip to Breckenridge, Colorado and the first thing on my mind was planning our meals for the week.  We ATE and ATE and ATE while we were there.  We ATE LOTS of yummy, not good for you, greasy, heavy, delicious food.  We had cheese fries, crepes, ice cream, greasy hamburgers, biscuits and gravy, and the list goes on.  It was wonderful while we were eating it and awful after we had miserably stuffed ourselves and my only saving grace was that we hiked several miles everyday and walked everywhere we went.  Still, I came home feeling a little miserable about all the over eating and immediately set out to make a plan for eating at home this week. 
*I use my PaperDoll Designs Dry Erase Menu Board that is very similar to the above pic to keep my family "in the know" about what's for dinner each week.
 
SUNDAY: ROAD TRIP
We were driving all day and in the car at dinner time.  I had packed lunches but we stopped at McDonalds per the kids request at dinner time.  Nathan and I aren't McDonalds fans so I opted for some dried fruit and a Diet Dr. Pepper. 
 
MONDAY:  Breakfast Night - Scramblers
This has become a favorite around here.  It's so easy and the kids love it.

TUESDAY:  Chicken Ole'
I haven't made this in a LONG time.   It used to be a weekly meal but I had forgotten about it.  I love it because I can make it in the crock pot and since it's going to be so hot this week, it will be nice to not have to use the oven.  It's super easy...chicken, salsa, a sprinkle of taco seasoning, black beans, corn....crockpot.  Yum.
 
WEDNESDAY:  Tilapia
I'll probably have Nathan grill this on the grill with some veggies.  I'll throw in some chicken for the picky littlest littles who are not fish fans.
 
THURSDAY:  Strawberry Spinach Salad
Thursdays are ALWAYS pasta night but I am not such a fan of pasta night.  I'm changing it up this week and we are going to make my favorite salad.  I'm hoping the kids will eat this but it's not likely. 

FRIDAY:  Make Your Own Pizza
Nathan's gluten free thing has thrown me but I am pretty sure I can find a gluten free pizza crust, right?? 
 
SATURDAY:  Mexican Layered Dip
I know this isn't really supposed to be dinner but it works.  One of my college room mates used to make this all the time and we'd have it for dinner a lot.  I still love it and my boys do too.
 
That's what I'm making this week!  I'd love to hear what you are having!!  Maybe in the future I will get all blog savvy and do one of those "What's for Dinner" linky thingy majigs. 
In the meantime, don't be shy and leave me a comment.   I'm always looking for new dinner ideas!
 
© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...