Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spring Makeovers!

I've got crazy Spring Fever! I've had makeovers on the brain. I've got lots of home renovation plans in my dreams (new flooring, major bathroom renovation, and on and on and on) but the budget friendly ones are what I will be settling for right now. I've been cleaning out drawers and closets and my refrigerator got a major cleaning the other day. I think the new vacuum and the storage baskets I found at the Dollar Tree brought about my crazy organizing. Of course, I should be scrubbing windows and dusting and doing the noticeables. Who's going to be looking in my drawers and cabinets???

One little makeover that I am super excited about is my fireplace redo. Since the day we moved into This Old House we've been talking about painting over the dreary, dark red brick. FINALLY this weekend we decided to just do it.
Here's the before pic...well, the during pic...



And here's the After...
We still need to do some touch ups but I'm so happy to have it done. It makes the living room feel so much bigger and brighter! So HAPPY!
MY BLOG GOT A MAKEOVER TOO!!! Isn't Amber fabulous???

10 comments:

  1. The fireplace looks awesome and I love the new blog design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh - I love the new fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new fireplace! I love how you just try new things...I always get scared to just do something new....I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fireplace, and your blog, look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the fireplace looks good too! So does the blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fireplace inspires me to start some home makeovers too! Love the new blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fireplace and love the blog (although its going to take some getting used to with it flip-flopped!) BTW, love my 'week in the life of' pad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fireplace and love the new blog look! You've got good taste friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fireplace! It looks so wonderful. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...