Sunday, June 23, 2013

What's for Dinner this Week?

We did awesome last week with the meal planning.  We stuck to the menu for the most part and only ate out once for dinner!.  We had one night without kiddos so we made that date night/eat out night.  Nathan has now thrown a kink in my planning by finally going GLUTEN FREE after years of stomach issues!  This week will be his second week.  Last week we stuck to the menu and changed things up for him when we could and will do the same this week.  Eventually, I'm going to have to sit down and do some research and see if I can start cooking more gluten free meals for the entire family rather than making two meals each night. 
 
Here's what's for dinner this week...

*I use my PaperDoll Designs Dry Erase Menu Board that is very similar to the above pic to keep my family "in the know" about what's for dinner each week.
 
SUNDAY: Sliders & Sweet Potato Fries
I think my kids will be excited to grill out mini burgers.  I never seem to get sweet potato fries crunchy enough but I'm trying again tonight.
 
MONDAY:  Breakfast Night - Breakfast Tacos
I'm looking forward to this one.  I like meals that let the kids "build their own."  No complaining.

TUESDAY:  Enchiladas
I've been craving Mexican for a while and I think I can make an old favorite recipe I have gluten free.

WEDNESDAY:  Grilled Salmon/Chicken
I love grilling nights because it means I don't really have to cook.  I'm adding chicken to our regularly scheduled fish night because the littlest littles are not fish fans.
 
THURSDAY:  Penne Pasta
Every Thursday night...pasta.  I get really tired of it but it's the kids' favorite and if I try to change it up, they notice! 

FRIDAY:  Order In or Eat Out
Because as you know by now, I'm not cooking EVERY NIGHT!!

SATURDAY:  Ham Melts
We used to have hot ham and cheese sandwiches growing up and I still love them.  They make an easy, quick dinner on a Saturday night.  I'm going to try making these mini style using Rhodes rolls.  YUM
 
That's what I'm making this week!  I'd love to hear what you are having!!  Maybe in the future I will get all blog savvy and do one of those "What's for Dinner" linky thingy majigs. 
In the meantime, don't be shy and leave me a comment.   I'm always looking for new dinner ideas!© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...