Graham's month long birthday celebration really got me thinking. Birthdays only come around once a year (duh) so they should be fabulous! They should be month long celebrations! And who says you have to be a kid to get excited about your birthday?? October 1st will begin my birthday celebration!! I'm not trying to be selfish but my birthday just always seems to get in the way. It's on Halloween and there is always so much going on during the days surrounding Halloween that my big day always seems to be an "oh yeah, we better celebrate your birthday really quick before we go trick or treating" kind of thing. Poor me...sniff, sniff. I know, I'm a big baby. Over the last few years I've kind of gotten used to it but this year, I'm changing it up. I'm enjoying my birthday! I've been blessed over the past thirty something years and I'm going to celebrate! I was thinking about this in the pick up line at school the other day and while Charlie snoozed I made a list of things I wanted to do during the month of October. I love lists!
Here's my checklist...I'll keep you updated on my progress!
1. Eat cheesecake!
2. Go to a movie...not a kid's movie.
3. Get a pedicure.
4. Get a manicure.
5. Commit a few random acts of kindness...anonymously.
6. Take my kids to get those super cute donuts at our favorite donut shoppe.
7. Have lunch at school with my kids.
8. Try a new recipe.
9. Open a beautifully wrapped present (even if I have to wrap it myself.)
10. Take one full day off...No working...AT ALL.
11. Go to the pumpkin patch.
12. Buy a great new pair of shoes.
13. Take a really long nap with no interruptions.
14. Sleep in with no interruptions.
15. Cut down on my Diet Dr. Pepper. This btw does not sound like fun and does not seem in the list little bit like a good way to celebrate my birthday BUT it would probably be good for me considering my massive consumption. I'll consider it a little gift to my health.
16. Buy a fabulous new pair of earrings.
17. Go out on a date with The Baker.
18. Go out with a girlfriend for breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, whatever.
19. Have someone ELSE clean my house...(I got a head start on this one...I'll update you later.)
20. Finish reading "The Shack." It came highly recommended but I just can't seem to get through it.
21. Buy, or better yet, GET fresh flowers.
22. Organize my kids' rooms. Seriously, this sounds like fun to me. I love it when I actually can find the time to do this. Sort, purge, clean! love it!
23. Stop drooling and get this new bedding. This list is getting expensive...it might have to turn into a 2-3 month long bday celebration.
24. Eat at a new restaurant.
25. Get my hair colored. I don't ever do this but I'm finding gray hairs lately...so sad. Aren't I too young for gray?
26. Have my babies professionally photographed. ( I got a head start on this one too...post coming soon.)
27. Get started on my Christmas shopping.
28. Check out the new Kupcakz in town...although I'm a little grumpy about this because I've been telling my family for well over 4 years now that WE should open a Cupcake Bar. I had it all planned in my head. It would be cute and fancy and pink and there would be icing shots and adorable cupcakes and it would be the perfect place for birthday parties and I could wear cute vintage aprons while I decorated cute little cupcakes. Oh well...
29. Make a sparkly glittery craft with Nora.
30. Finally finish at least one of the kid's photo albums that I have already started.
31. Back up my computer and breathe a sigh of relief.
32. Go HERE and eat something yummy! This might be kind of hard considering there are no locations anywhere near me but a girl can dream, right?
33. Get my MomAgenda refill and get organized.
34. Pick out the perfect chandelier to hang over our bed and start saving for it.
35. Go to Queenie's and have a breakfast scrambler and hope that I show up on the bacon, tomato, asparagus day.
That's it....the 35 things that I will try to do during my month long birthday celebration. I'm excited...I'm getting started tomorrow! Maybe I'll just get started right now. Happy Birthday Month to me!