Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Scripture Cards


I had no idea that introducing Scripture Cards would be such a blessing to me and my business.  I was hesitant to introduce them because honestly, I didn't think people would want to buy them.  I thought people would think "what am I going to do with those?"  Oh how happy I am that I was wrong!  I am thrilled to be selling out of them week after week and even more thrilled when I get messages about how you are using them!!  I am committing scriptures to heart because I spend A LOT of time staring at them while I make and package them!!

Here are just a few ways customers have shared that they are using them:
Scripture Memorization: The original intent of these little cards was to aid in memorizing scripture.  It's so important to arm ourselves with the Word and to have it stored in our hearts and mind.  One customer told me she tapes a new card to her dashboard each week and works on memorizing it while she's in the car.  You can tape them to your mirror or place them near your desk.  Just reading it over a few times each day will help you commit them to memory.
Bible Journaling:  Bible Journaling has become so popular lately and I think it's a beautiful way to study scripture.  It makes so much sense to me that creatives would express worship CREATIVELY!  I LOVE scrolling through Pinterest and Instagram to see the amazing art that people are creating right on the pages of their Bible.  For those of us that are a little less gifted in the art department, just adding these cards to your Bible is a way to draw attention to certain passages that you love or that you have studied.

 
I've added several to my own Bible using washi tape.  I know some people may gasp at the idea of decorating or drawing in your Bible (my own son included) but as a creative person,  I just love this expression of faith!
Planner Decorating: Decorating your paper planners is another thing that is HUGE right now.  If you're one that uses a paper planner, I definitely recommend clipping or taping a scripture card in a place that you will see it often.  Not only will it look pretty, but it will be a constant source of encouragement as you go about your day.
Tip Cards/Pass Along Cards:  I've had customers tell me that they are leaving these cards with their tips or that they are putting them in the credit card slot at the gas station for the next person to find.  I love this!!  Just leave one in a random place praying that whomever stumbles upon it will be blessed by a little encouragement!

I'd love to hear how you are using your scripture cards!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...