Monday, February 10, 2014

Cilantro Lime Chicken...YUM-O!

After posting this week's menu, I got a few requests for this recipe.  This has become one of our favorites lately.  My once a month freezer cooking club introduced us to it.  I love it because I can make it in the crock-pot AND everyone in the family will eat it!  This makes quite a bit so we usually eat it as chicken tacos or taco salad the first night and then use the leftovers to make nachos.

Ingredients
1,5 pounds of chicken
juice from 2 limes
1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 16 oz. bag of frozen corn
2 minced garlic cloves ( I either leave this out or just do one...we aren't big garlic lovers)
1 can black beans
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours. ( put my chicken in frozen and think 8 hours would be a bit too long...I usually do about 4 or 5 when cooking chicken.)  Shred and serve over tortillas or chips with your favorite toppings.

And just because it's Valentine's Day week...here's a sweet coupon to use until Friday!



© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

1 comment:

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...