Thursday, June 16, 2011

Jury Doodie is over...Praise the Lord!!! Amen!!

I'm gonna say it like it is. Jury duty was awful. I know some of my friends in the legal profession and those of you that think we should do our civic duties proudly and with a smile might not like this post but it's my opinion and I'm sharing it.

I hated jury duty. From the moment I got the summons until the moment I left the courthouse tonight I did not like it a bit. I didn't like sitting in a room for two days straight waiting to be called to a jury. Hundreds of people sitting and doing nothing is a huge waste of time and money. I didn't like being questioned by a very unlikeable lawyer during jury selection. I'm not the only one who didn't like him...he was not nice. We had a nickname for him by the end of the day. I didn't like hearing the lawyers argue with each other and ask the same questions over and over and over and over and over and over. I didn't like hearing not one, but TWO of the words that are on my "do not say out loud" list said out loud in the courtroom. I didn't like watching the sweet defendant being grilled on the witness stand. I didn't like trying to reach a decision in a small room full of 12 (very nice) strangers when I had a very strong opinion about how it should go but it was evident that everyone didn't agree. I didn't like seeing the look on the face of the poor defendant when the verdict was read OR the look on the face of the greedy plaintiff when he didn't like the $$ amount. I didn't like being away from my kids all week. I didn't like jury doodie. I'm so glad it's over!!!!

Those are the cons. If I had to come up with some pros they would be this:

1. The judge was a woman. My age. A mom to four boys. Beautiful. That's rocks. The jerky lawyer didn't like taking orders from a woman and he made it obvious. I liked that part. She was cool.

2. On days one and two, I read the book my sweet friend Jana gave me: Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl and it was one of the best books I've ever read. Freaked me out a little but I will definitely be using it A LOT over the next few years. If you have little girls you MUST READ IT!!! It's awesome!

So I'm sure you are sooooo tired of hearing me talk about doodie...I'm done. That's it. I sincerely hope I NEVER have to do it again.
© 2011 paperdoll designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...