Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Meet the Teacher

Today was the famous "Meet the Teacher" day at school. Charlie is one lucky boy. His teacher is fabulous! She's the same teacher Nora had when she was three. She loves those kids to pieces and is the sweetest teacher ever. Charlie is going to wear her out! He's my sweet baby but that boy's got some energy. I can't wait to see how he handles "big boy" school! I forgot to tell you...he is officially potty trained! Just in time...

Let me tell you about Graham and Nora's teacher. She's a first year teacher. She has zero teaching experience. She didn't even get her degree in Elementary Education! She's never written lesson plans, she doesn't have an official classroom...just a big closet where she is storing all the "school stuff" and she is the first to admit that she feels totally unprepared for the school year! That teacher would be ME and this homeschooling journey officially starts on Friday.

© 2009 paperdoll designs

7 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of of you Karen! I wish you the best of luck on your first year of homeschooling. It looks like you guys are totally set for a awesome school year!! I'll make cupcakes for teacher appreication week. hee hee =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let my daughter kid you. You saw her closet. She is prepared. She has never tackled anything and failed. Well....maybe softball. I will have some smart grandchildren when she is through with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. best of luck to you on your homeschooling journey! your closet looks lovely! :-) we'll miss seeing graham up at school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! It is so cool that you are doing this! You will be awesome, I know! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will do great!!!! I love those bins! Where did you find them?

    School will be awesome!! Try www. teachers.net they have great resources and lesson plan bank. For all grade levels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh be still my heart! Look at that "classroom"! I am in awe! Love it! You WILL be fabulous. I've only taught 3-4th grades before, but if you need any help let me know. Don't know how much help I would be, but it would let me get my teacher fix in! :)
    Glad Charlie is all potty trained! Hope 1st day goes wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen...you'll be fabulous. This means, however, that you get to buy yourself (make yourself :)) tons of TEACHER GIFTS...for every occasion!!!!

    ReplyDelete

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...