Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Salad-in-a-Jar

The new work schedule has been going awesome and we are finally on a roll with the Menu Plan.  We have been GREAT about sticking to the plan and not eating out for the past few months.  I decided now that I had those two things down, it was time to tackle lunch.  I'm pretty lazy when it comes to making a meal for one so I often just grab something while I'm out running errands or more often than not, I skip lunch all together.  That doesn't go very well with my healthy eating plan.  I had seen the "Salad-in-a-Jar" thing months ago and thought it was a great idea.  Mason jars make just about everything look cute!  This weekend I finally decided to give it a try.
 
I found this picture online...sorry...can't remember where...and used it as my guide.
I bought a HUGE package of greens and then just started adding my favorite fruits and veggies.
We made each jar a little different for variety.  We used broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, radishes, cherry tomatoes, strawberries, apples, dried cranberries and peppered turkey.  I was lucky to have a helper!
We made 5 jars on Sunday morning.  I decided NOT to add the dressing but packed each jar full. 
Even though each jar was really stuffed, I was worried that it wasn't going to be enough. 
I was wrong.  Once you pour it out, not only does it make a beautifully tossed salad, but it is plenty!  This is a 9 inch plate and it's pretty full.  Isn't it pretty?
I was also worried about them staying fresh but I had one for lunch today and it tasted like I had just prepared it.  I'm anxious to see how they hold up by the end of the week.  So far, I'm sold on this idea! 


© 2013 paperdoll designs Please don't be shy!! I'd love to hear your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...