Monday, May 11, 2015

Thy Word Spiral Journals


The Thy Word Spiral Journals have been one of my biggest sellers over the past few weeks so I thought I'd share the story behind them on the blog today.  They are near and dear to my heart and I hope those that use them will love them and find them useful in their spiritual walk.  Here's the story...

In the fall of 2013, God placed the phrase "thy word" on my heart and in my mind.  I had no idea why but I found myself saying it in my head over and over and over again.  It popped into my mind while driving, while working, while trying to sleep...all the time.  I finally decided to go with the most obvious and started reading and really studying God's Word on a daily basis.  Then I reached out and asked some others to join me and that seemed to do the trick....for about a  minute.  I knew I was supposed to do SOMETHING else with this "THY WORD" situation and it finally hit me.  I have loved my system of organizing/documenting my daily reading & prayer time so I decided to make a "Thy Word" spiral with the hopes that others would love it too. It's totally simple.  There is nothing fancy about it...well, maybe the ribbon paper clips are a little fancy.  I am no expert on how one should set up their spiritual journals or document their time spent with God BUT I do know what has worked for me.  I am motivated by pretty spirals and cute pencils and fun paperclips and I LOVE the thought of filling an entire spiral from cover to cover.  I have also found that accountability is key.
Section 1
Use this section to record the date and the passages you are reading.  There are no rules...just jot down anything that comes to mind.  Write down verses that jump out at you or just take notes.  The point is to read God’s word and take something from it each day.
 
Section 2

This section is for journaling about those areas that you may need to work on.  Writing these things down makes them REAL.  Try it.  It’s a great place to write down verses that have convicted you.
 
Section 3

Record 2 –3 things you are thankful for each day.  Keep track of your prayer list here and then go back and see how they have been answered.  God is good!
 

I’d love for you to tag @mypaperdolldesigns on Instagram and use hashtag #thyword or #thywordjournal if you are using a Thy Word journal.  I’d love to see how you are using yours and I'd love for us all to encourage each other as we dive into God’s Word. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How lovely of you to comment! Your comment might not show up right away but I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...